home website

© notice

all images on this site are copyright kristen hassell photographs & may not be used without permission. gracias.

12.29.2010

Going to Afghanistan...


This sweet mama/photographer called me to see if I could shoot her husband's deployment.
He was scheduled to leave the day after Christmas...
We got a snow storm & the date was delayed 24-hours.
The weather was nasty - a bitterly cold, windy, sad, sad day.

Everywhere I turned, there were concerned faces, tears, embraces...
...little kids not quite sure why there was tension.
Megan & Jarrod have 2 gorgeous little boys
Big brother wanted to look outside & see the "Ossies" (Osprey) & loved running around in the hangar.
Little brother was happy to watch the action from a cozy spot & warmed plenty of hearts.
Daddy is an osprey pilot.
Military wives are my heroes
They are strong & amazing.
God bless & please protect our Marines.




















 












 you can see the whole thing here

9 comments:

sugaryfrogs.blogspot.com said...

Kristen GORGEOUS photos!!!! Oh man I am bawling my eyes out!!!

Abbey said...

Aw Kristen!!!!! These pictures are amazing. I'm in tears. You did a great job documenting this moment for the family!!!!

Anonymous said...

These were so touching and beautiful. Thank you for documenting their love and dedicaton.
Sincerely,
Deb Weaver, Pelzer, SC

CASSIE said...

Are you kidding me!? So neat, so touching, so scary....thank you for sharing!

amylouwhosews said...

stop it. like i needed another reason to cry today.

You did an awesome job girl!

Heidi said...

you have such a gift for catching the moments, that quote you have at the top of your blog is EXACTLY what your pictures do........

Tara said...

Kristen, BEAUTIFUL! Totally made me cry.

JENNIE! said...

unbelievable kris!!! They are all so beautiful, I have no idea why you were worried at all. You are quite amazing sister. love you.

Unknown said...

These are great! I do love when clients cry because they love their photos... this is a whole different sort of cry though! SAD! I love that you are capturing such a unique part of life, that so many of us don't know. Great job!