home website

© notice

all images on this site are copyright kristen hassell photographs & may not be used without permission. gracias.

4.16.2011

Welcome Home, 1st Battallion 8th Marines

I had the honor of photographing a military homecoming a couple weeks ago.
This sweet family survived a 7-month deployment to Afghanistan
...during which their little girl was born.
There was so much excitement & nervousness in the air that night-
so many families & friends waiting
and waiting
and waiting for their dear Marines.
I'm pretty sure the 3 hours of waiting at the arrival point was almost as long as the previous 7 months.
The kids did great & it was so amazing to witness daddy meeting baby girl for the first time.
I know understand why some countries require military service from all their youth.
There is an indescribable love & a pride & a sacrifice these families have/give
& I am proud to be a small part of this amazing community.
Welcome home, 1/8 & especially to GnySgt Williams.









 






 





 
Thank you for your service.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You always make me cry! Once again... you rocked it!!!

lisa novitsky said...

LOVE all the details. Fantastic job Kristen!!!!

Vicki said...

Kristen, your photography is amazing, you do a beautiful job of capturing the moment, the emotion. My heart was leaping and the tears were flowing while looking at the pictures. Thanks

Heidi said...

I second my Mama - you are so talented and these pictures are priceless!!!
Your Biggest Fan, Heidi

kristenita said...

thanks, ladies!!! it was so emotional, I'm glad you could FEEL it from my images.

Unknown said...

Seriously Kristen... I love the diployment/welcome home shoots. They are all SOOO completely fabulous.